Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #1116
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I believe anyone comfortable driving a manual transmission would not have a problem driving a new Focus DCT. I don't. Even the manual refers to a break in period.
As for anyone driving the car other than the owner the DCT Focus adapts to that driver immediately. My son drives mine without complaint.
And remember this. If your transmission is defective as manufactured the warranty never ends.
I think you're right....I never drove manual transmission before so a DCT automatic has been a learning process of some sort for me. I think most people on here have similar experiences but the vast majority spend more time in their service dept than they do on the road. Mostly because they don't believe it when they're told everything is fine. We're all so finely tuned to hear every noise that sometimes it causes a case of mass paranoia. I understand that some people have legit problems and hopefully Ford works with them to solve the issues. For the majority though, I would say if your service guy says the car is fine do what I did.....turn up the radio,close the windows, and just drive the darn car....it will smooth out.