Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #236
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
When my engine and all the hundreds of thousands of other direct injection engines all fail due to problems with these 'high' NOACK oils.. I will be the first in line to apoligize. Untill then i am still laughing...
And ranting...
Nobody said anybody's engine was going to fail. We are looking for ways to keep it free of deposits and minimize friction which equals less wear and greater efficiency, l. (You know... horsepower and MPG!! at max even after 100K.) I know you are an MPG hound so I am surprised you are not getting the motivation here.
I'm not looking to break the bank on an oil change or waste money but if I can accomplish a small improvement for $10 more on an oil change which is only twice a year, I'm gonna do it. The Focus is not the cheapest car on the market so it's inconsistent to say its spending 'too much'. If $20 more a year is too much you should have bought an Elantra or a Corolla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I rather spend my oil dollars on oil that concentrates on its most important jobs...lubricating, cleaning and cooling. Amsoil seems to have a handle on all these attributes, PLUS NOACK, but it's not as readily available to me as Mobil1 or Pennzoil Platinum, and it's pretty pricy if I'm to include "preferred customer" membership dues, shipping, or the gas it costs me to go pick it up 40+ miles away. If there was an Amsoil store down the street from me, I might be inclined to buy it, but there IS a WalMart just down the street.......
This is my frustration too. The shipping cost and inconvenience of acquiring Amsoil. If it was on the shelf at any local store for the same price they list on the Web site, I would buy it every time even though it's significantly more money. I don't know why Amsoil doesn't realize this of buyers.