Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #485
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 9,757, Level 66
Points: 9,757, Level: 66 Points: 9,757, Level: 66 Points: 9,757, Level: 66
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Here is a tiny update. 2 or 3 weeks ago I was driving to my gfs house and my subs quit. I found that some of the wiring came off of one of the subs. I hooked it all back up and they only worked till volume 10 then turned off. I checkedd all wiring, and nothing was bad. I found that the in line fuse was blown so I replaced it. That didnt solve anything. lol So last night I hooked up the meter to see what the resistance was, and found out the left sub was blown. But hey now my remaining sub works. lol It hits wayyy harder than the pair ever did which I thought was weird. So here is my dillemma. I was thinking about just cutting the box in half and resealing it so that its just a box for one sub now. Like I said it hits plenty hard. Then I would lay down some wood flooring (one day I want to remove the rear seats and do the whole hatch), but for now I will just do the floor of the hatch itself. Then I would make up some sort of bracing so the sub and amp arent rolling everywhere. Or, I could spend more money and buy another sub. My amp is probably not rated high enough to push 2 subs so im kind of wondering if they wouldnnt hit hard again. Heck. Typing this makes me want to just do the single sub thing. Thanks for your help guys! lol Ill post pics when im done. But Im going out of town soon so it will probably be august before its done. lol

I scraped my car last saturday on the pavement at my work so now its making some clicky sound. any suggestions?? It only clicks when accelarating in 1st and second gear...strange as it sounds. When I hit bumps it doesnt do it. I was looking at what was the lowest on my car, and the exhaust hanger looks like it is. I was thinking something up there might be bent but I didnt see anything.

Oh and I want to remove my trim before summer is over and paint it all gloss black. Just to let ya all know.
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme || Zetec Crew #377 || Southeast Fanatics || Focus Factor || Rally Revolution #4