Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #230
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

Points 12,506, Level 73
Points: 12,506, Level: 73 Points: 12,506, Level: 73 Points: 12,506, Level: 73
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 14 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I will just comment that the very low NOACK is just a 'selling' note.
The one company which has a very low "XXX" makes it a big deal for folks who love to spout statistics to others about stuff which really does not mean shit.
Sorry but it is true.

So the 'golden wonder oil" has an ultralow NOACK, at 5/6% vs Mobil One with 11%. So.. has ANYONE ever seen all sorts of reports from Corvette owners (who start with Mobil One OEM) about how Mobil One screwed them due to the high NOACK??(( Mobil One DOES mention it's NOACK level if you search the fine print, and they comment it is 11% 12% range))

NO. Because it is a red herring. it may have SOME meaning, but no where near being as important as the 'super best motor oil in the world" freaks want it to be.

Just me ranting. Do not worry super oil freaks, I am CERTAIN your oil IS better..

I am only putting on about 5,000 miles total this years. 95% of that is city short freeway trips. So irregardless of mileage, i will change the oil at one year.
I had already changed it at 1,000 mi, and again at 2,000 due to nOT being able to get the OEM filter off at 1,000mi.
So probably in October i will change my oil (Mobil One 0-W20) and the OEM Motorcraft filter.