Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My '12 SE Picture/Project Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #170
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,697, Level 92
Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92 Points: 21,697, Level: 92
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Steeda rear sway bar, part II:

I apologize for the picture quality. A couple were taken quickly with my phone (I wasn't going to bring my real camera to work) and the others were taken while I was laying on the ground trying to see what I was shooting at.

Today I brought the bar to work and at the start of my lunch break grabbed a free hoist and put the Focus up in the air. A co-worker of mine helped out too, and together we had the new Steeda bar in by the end of lunch.

The swap is simple enough, but the bars put up a fight with the endlinks. It was challenging to remove the old one and wrestle the new one on, as it took both of us applying force to finally do so.

The bushings were well greased to prevent squeaking, and then everything was tightened down.

So far my only test of the bar was driving home from work, but even during the normal commute the Focus seems to be improved. I don't know how much of that was real and how much was imagined, but it does seem to turn in sharper now.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.