Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My '12 keeps breaking and I've never been in this situation before so I'd like to ask for advice.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First off I'd like to say thank you to everyone for the support and advice given thus far. I did go ahead and educate myself on the Texas Lemon Law and it's process before the second time that I contacted the CSM at Ford just so I knew where I stood as far as options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
The chattering with the shifting does seem normal. The fiesta I drove did it and it sounds like a manual transmission shifting
Did you watch the video that I linked? My Ranger would only make a sound resembling that if i didn't press the clutch in all the way. This sound is horrible and can at times last 3 seconds or longer, a few times I've heard it continue throughout the gear into the 2-3 gear shift.

The stuttering during first gear feels like what a normal automatic feels like when the transmission is slipping, and has only been present since the 12B37 update. Just thought I'd add that in.

I hear most people saying to start the lemon law process, and I appreciate all the links I've been given and will be following up on them. If anyone has more to add I'm listening, and I'm going to make a decision on what to do by tomorrow most likely. I was thinking of coming to the Ford CSM with options like replacing the car with a used Focus with close to the same miles and a manual transmission, or filing the lemon law paperwork, and see what she has to say. Any thoughts on that?