Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #1110
melissaraestewart
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101130
What I Drive: 2012 white ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 melissaraestewart Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
shuddering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellman123 View Post
I picked up my 2012 SEL in the beginning of June, and from day 1 felt exactly what you are talking about. It actual feels like the transmission is slipping - hence the shutter feel. I do see the FordcustomerService response, and I love this car and have had 3 Mustangs - I love Fords. I'm just having a tough time buying this response. Ford, you guys get this, you build transmission better then anyone on the plant, period - this is a little scary when you go to pass on the highway, pull out quick at a light etc, it really plays with your confidence in driving. I have 1600 miles, about 1200 are all stop and go highway traffic. I really love this car, the fit and finish, MySync, the look, but I'm really bummed on hearing this response. Can you guys confirm at this point, Ford is not addressing the issue, but stating to let things "wear" in. That is just puzzling no? Has anyone on this thread with an SEL or the 6spd transmission seen things get better?
I bought my 2012 Focus in january, and noticed that it shuddered every time I when I had to slow down and take off with out stopping (when some one turns in front of you in a residential area, or at the supermarket). At one point in time, the whole car shook for about ten seconds while it gained speed. Well, I took it in to the Ford dealer ship at the end of June, when I had 8,000 miles and Ford told my technician "the 'green' clutch or new clutch shudder will remain for 1000-2500 miles but it should be completely gone by 8000" and that it was due to it not being "fully broken in" (I am quoting straight from the email that they printed for me) my transmission is also "a manual transmission that is shifted automatically". Well, they told me to go ahead and take it Florida, as I was going on vacation, and if it was still doing it when I got back to bring it back in. I am now back from Florida, I live in Oklahoma, and my car now has almost 13,000 miles, and it is shaking even worse, and doesn't seem to want to take off with any 'omph' like it used to, especially when I really need it to, like getting on the interstate. Please, someone... HELP ME OUT WITH THIS! The car doesn't ever shudder when I take it to the dealership for them to look at it, but as soon as I get it back it starts doing it again.