Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My '12 keeps breaking and I've never been in this situation before so I'd like to ask for advice.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
(d) There is a reputable presumption that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if

(1) the same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, converter, or distributor, its agent, or its franchised dealer and two of the repair attempts have been made within a period of 12 months following the date of original delivery to an owner, or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and the other two repair attempts occur within the 12 months or 12,000 miles immediately following the date of the second repair attempt, whichever occurs first, but such nonconformity continues to exist;

(2) the same nonconformity creates a serious safety hazard and has caused the vehicle to have been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer, converter, or distributor, or an authorized agent or franchised dealer, and at least one attempt to repair the nonconformity was made in the period of 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and at least one other attempt made in the period of 12 months or 12,000 miles after the first repair attempt, whichever occurs first, but the nonconformity continues to exist; or

(3) the vehicle is out of service for repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more days in the 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and at least two repair attempts were made in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles immediately following the date of original delivery to an owner and a nonconformity still exists that substantially impairs the vehicle's use or market value. The initial 12-month period or 12,000 mile limit, the subsequent 12-month period or 12,000 mile limit, and the 30-day period shall be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the owner because of a war, invasion, strike or fire, flood, or other natural disaster. During any period of time that the manufacturer or distributor lends a comparable motor vehicle to the owner during the time the vehicle is being repaired by a franchised dealer, the 30-day period provided for in this subsection is tolled.
Since none of those things seem to legally constitute a serious safety issue, this is probably the pertinent legalese you want to look at.

Your issues are slightly different, but the experience is almost on par with mine. The truth is it's pretty difficult to lemon law a car, despite that being everyone's go to response when they read things like this. I'm currently working towards my 30 days (it's the same time period here, but without the tolling) of being out for service and would probably have already reached it if it wasn't for the fact that I have become more and more resistant to bringing it in for service since it doesn't seem to help. (It's been 21 days since they said they were going to fix my seat and cruise control. They said they would get the part in in 7-10 days and hear back from Ford in a few days. I've just decided to ignore it since doing so causes me less stress than actually trying to get anything fixed. Although the cruise control working intermittently is pretty annoying.)
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.