Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #1109
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
murfmoble -

Most certainly! We're wired this way; just call us Focus Fanatics.

wb2300 -

Congrats; I appreciate the positive buzz too! Sounds like you broke in your prized possession pretty well. Claim this badge and upload it to your favorite social media site: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Becks -

The break-in period is a primary operating characteristic with the PowerShift transmission. It's also a learning process for both car and driver. 12B37 is a Customer Satisfaction Program and is customer/VIN specific; not all Focus models will qualify.

RFrench6646 -

I'm thrilled it's improved! Keep an eye on how it behaves. If you feel it's not operating correctly, schedule an appointment with your dealer. In addition, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll forward details to your Customer Service Manager for review.

Build date can also be found on your window sticker (at the top, above "BLEND"). When you go in, use these routine service coupons: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

JimsFocus -

We're still looking into all feedback. Please let me know when you hear from the dealer.

Dylan1970 -

We always recommend getting a second opinion if any Focus owner feels their transmission is not functioning properly after the break-in period. All of our employees go through extensive product training, especially when it comes to new features. I'm glad it's smoothing out for you! How many miles do you have on it?

Blk5dr64 -

Please let me know how it goes with your dealer. You know how to find me if you'd like your CSM to be notified.

Talk to you all soon,

Thomas
I have about 875 miles on it....I've decided to just drive it normally. I tried to "baby" it to avoid hearing the noises but that doesn't work, the only way to smooth it out is to drive consistently and let it learn my way of driving. I figured I had two technicians tell me it was fine, and I found a DCT fact sheet online which not only told me about the tranny but also what noises I might experience. People need to realize this is NOT the same old automatic as in the past, I've never driven a manual transmission so this has been a learning process for me too.