Changed almost everything but car still over heats!
Hi guys thought I'd post here to get ideas on what might be causing
my girlfriends car to over heat.
First off we live in Las Vegas and avg temperature is 110 this week.
Car is 2001 Focus SE.
Temp guage goes past 2/3 and near red and back down.
Things I've changed:
- Thermostat and whole plastic housing.
- Upper and lower hoses.
- Coolant flush.
- Water pump.
- Checked radiator fans and resistor are OK.
- Coolant reservoir and cap seems to be holding pressure. I might change this next.
- Transmission fluid and filter.
- Oil and filter.
- Sparks plugs.
- Air Filter
Any suggestions on what could be the problem will be appreciated.
Things I might change next:
- Radiator fans
- Coolant reservoir and cap.
Last edited by KrisQ; 07-10-2012 at 06:43 AM.