Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to jump in and clarify, the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) is the Bluetooth standard that provides audio streaming functionality; the BT Audio functionality varies depending on the version of AVRCP that is on SYNC and your device.

A SYNC Gen 1 vehicle currently has AVRCP 1.0. This version does not support data transfer, which is the why you won't see any song information displayed via SYNC when streaming via BT Audio. The SYNC engineering team is currently investigating on including a higher version of AVRCP for a future release (via a SYNC update).

A MyFord Touch-equipped vehicle (Gen 2) already includes AVRCP 1.3 functionality, and this version does support data transfer. This increases the chances that the song information would be displayed via SYNC, providing that the media player includes a higher version of AVRCP as well.

Hope this helps!

Like copernicium112 said, you can enable Autoplay. With this feature on, the system will automatically switch to the media source upon initial
connection and you can listen to music which has already been indexed. With this feature off, the system will not automatically switch to the inserted media source. You can find this option using the following menu sequence: Menu > Settings > Media player.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Jaclyn
Thank you for the reply and the official specs of all this! I guess my car only supports AVRCP 1.0 right now which is why I only see "bluetooth audio." I really hope an update comes out for this- I would REALLY be interested in that.
Just out of curiosity... would it be updated to AVRCP 1.3 or 1.4? 1.4 would be amazing!