View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
northofnowhere
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101120
What I Drive: 2000 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 northofnowhere Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Found this post and registered just to say thanks for the tips, and yea, I got a hitch on my focus, lol. All the neighbors got big trucks to haul everything around with, all I got is my Focus and a 63 Studebaker (which almost got the hitch instead).

I use mine to tow a small 4X8 utility trailer. Great for yard scraps to the Village brush pile, or throw a canoe on top and head to the river. Also, the only reason I put money into the trailer and hitch was because the closest small engine repair place charges $40 to pick up and drop off the darned snow blower. Now my little car and trailer can save a few bucks.

I have a feeling the wife will eventually realize all the money into my little car's hitch and used trailer will not equal a savings in snow blower repair hauls, but um, until she figures it out I am golden. I like to bag my grass clippings and deal with my leaves when I have the time, throw it all in the trailer, and drag it to the woods when I can, works great for it.

Did recently haul 1,200 pounds of roof shingles to the dump as well, handled fine and had no issues, and relatively good mpg as well.

Thanks for the wiring tips!

-north