Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #1104
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfmoble View Post
thanks for the info Thomas, 1000 more miles and I hope everything fixes itself, Why do people yell and scream If you say something good on this site?
murfmoble -

Most certainly! We're wired this way; just call us Focus Fanatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb2300 View Post
Received my 2012 Focus SEL Hatch with the 6 speed Select Shift Auto Tranny this past June 20, 2012. Experienced a little jerkiness and hesitation at lights and stop and go traffic for about the 1st 200 miles of driving. This seems to be resolving itself as most of this is no longer present. It's a great car and I really enjoy driving it. Have about 350 miles on the car now and it rides real smooth. I would recommend this car to anyone.
wb2300 -

Congrats; I appreciate the positive buzz too! Sounds like you broke in your prized possession pretty well. Claim this badge and upload it to your favorite social media site: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks View Post
I'm curious about 2 things. I don't know a lot about how this auto tranny works but, I have never heard of needing to drive a new car 500-1,000 miles before it settles in, or acclimates to the way you drive. What happens if you share this car with your significant other, and they have a different driving style ?

Also, why don't the Ford dealers do these program updates b4 the customer takes delivery ?
Becks -

The break-in period is a primary operating characteristic with the PowerShift transmission. It's also a learning process for both car and driver. 12B37 is a Customer Satisfaction Program and is customer/VIN specific; not all Focus models will qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...I got mine a little over a month ago, It's an SEL, A/T. I noticed the shuddering right away, after receiving it. I now have 3000 miles (mostly highway, obviously). And still have a shudder when starting off from a red light, once it goes, it shifts fine. I have noted that it doesn't do it when the car is first started up. It seems to only happen after it has heated up to normal operating temp. I am going to schedule my first oil change at the dealer soon, and will talk to them about this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
...I am going to check on my build date, and see if I have the update or not. But I am starting to find my Focus is shifting better now. Today I only noticed one stop and go shudder that was nowhere near as bad as it had been.
RFrench6646 -

I'm thrilled it's improved! Keep an eye on how it behaves. If you feel it's not operating correctly, schedule an appointment with your dealer. In addition, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll forward details to your Customer Service Manager for review.

Build date can also be found on your window sticker (at the top, above "BLEND"). When you go in, use these routine service coupons: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsFocus View Post
...As I said, two service managers told me I have a problem with my trans, and they also said Ford doesn't have a fix. I assume that is why I've been waiting 3 weeks for a loaner so I can have my car checked again.
JimsFocus -

We're still looking into all feedback. Please let me know when you hear from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
...The difference is when I was told by my service manager that the noise I was hearing was normal I believed it...Some people just can't ever be happy even when a professional tells them everything is okay...Ford really dropped the ball here too, my salesman never told me anything about the new design, they really should educate their customers instead of leaving them in the dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
...Low and behold it's starting to smooth out for me. I would say have it checked for your own peace of mind like I did, but if they say everything is fine then go with it and enjoy it.
Dylan1970 -

We always recommend getting a second opinion if any Focus owner feels their transmission is not functioning properly after the break-in period. All of our employees go through extensive product training, especially when it comes to new features. I'm glad it's smoothing out for you! How many miles do you have on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
The infamous DCT is in the August issue of MT. Seems their test vehicle had 5k miles and did the same tricks mine does. I just do not know if Ford knows how to fix this, or if they do have a fix, why are they not doing it? My car has had all the updates. This is getting old.
Blk5dr64 -

Please let me know how it goes with your dealer. You know how to find me if you'd like your CSM to be notified.

Talk to you all soon,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply