Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #228
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocus View Post
How long did it take to install? Start to finish. Also on a scale from 1-10 what was the difficulty ?
1last thing did you run in to any problems worth mentioning? Thanks.
Install time is probably 2-4 hours depending on breaks.

I'd rank install difficulty around a 7. It's not for the novice, but doesn't require a pro. You want the proper tools to do it.

No problems were encountered at all. The hose and fittings are so high end, you'll be amazed. I check for leaks and oil level daily. The level remains consistent and filters so clear, the oil looks like water on the dipstick. It puts a smile on my face every time I check the oil level.

7 quarts of oil fills up the sump, both filters, and lines.

Parts list for the 2012 Focus.....

BMK23 - install instructions

BK295

EABP90

EaO34

Optional: Instead of a dual remote bypass filtration kit, you can use the single filter bypass setup. It's easier to install and requires less space.

BMK21
- install instructions

The inlet will tap into the oil pressure sensor mounting location, and the return line can be tapped into the oil fill cap. The single remote bypass kits allows the EaO34 full flow filter to remain in the factory location.