Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Remote start and push button start
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #48
wantz12
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89237
What I Drive: 2012 White FF Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 wantz12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
My remote start doesn't work at all. Every time I try it the alarm (honking horn) goes off.

Another forum member says that no matter what he does when you try and "start" the car once you've started it with the remote start, the engine stops when you put your foot on the brake. Evidently when he pushes the button it kills the engine too. Then you have to re-start it in order to drive way.

My Cadillac had remote start and push-button. All you had to do was push the button and you were good.

My F150 also has remote start. If you step on the brake the engine dies. However, if you put your key in the ignition and turn it you're good to go.

I have an appointment on Tuesday to have the remote start looked at. Assuming they fix it, I'm still not happy with having to start it (remotely), then shut it off, then start it again before driving away. That's pretty messed up. Especially when you consider how long the MFT takes to get going, and the extra battery power it takes to crank the car over, etc.

Tony
I realizes this is a bit late, but my GF has remote start on her fiesta and this is how it works. If you step on the brake, the car turns off. I believe you always have to restart the car in order to get it to work. Stupid...yes...but it's supposed to prevent your car from being stolen. Not sure how...but that's what the dealer said.
HN #167