Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #489
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S View Post
The tranny noises are normal as the automatic is really not an automatic but a manual with automatic clutch and gear selection. It is a mechanical based trans as opposed to fluid coupling like a traditional auto so it drives and sounds different. Ford needs to do a better job in letting buyers know what the automatic really is because many new owners are concerned with the tranny noises and mannerisms. The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!
I agree...I took it to my dealer and explained the noise. They drove it and told me they heard nothing. I know they heard it but why not just tell me that the clicking is normal? I stressed for two weeks about it until someone on here posted a link to a site that actually explains what a DCT is all about. Now that I've read that I feel much better knowing that nothing is wrong. I just hate the fact that I had to read it for myself instead of my dealer sitting me down and explaining it to me. They do need to better educate their customers when they sell them a car.