Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #47
socalrider66
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101022
What I Drive: 2012, Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 socalrider66 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Remote start

I don't have the push button start on my SEL, but I do have a remote start system installed and it works great. It was a dealer add-on so my car was sent out to the local shop they use, and it was back on the same day. The remote system used is called Avital, however I can't remember which model. The system does come with its own key fob, but its small so I don't mind. Simply push the lock button twice, start button twice, and the car responds it has received the signal by blinking its lights, then starts right up. I can unlock the doors and open them without the car turning off, and I can set the run time to to different times before it turns itself off. When I am ready to go, simply put the key in the ignition and turn it to on. If I step on the brake or gas pedal, or try and put it in gear without the key in the ignition, it turns off. The antenna for the system is small, and is installed behind the rear view mirror and is out of sight. Just thought I would share my success for those that read this and don't have the push button start.