Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to: USB2 add media (2012 focus)
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
Megalomantic
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99398
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus SE Sport Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Megalomantic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Has this been resolved yet, Megalomantic? Let me know, I'd be happy to look into it further!

Jaclyn
No. This is the latest I got for ya. I took out my iPod classic (usb2) I used tuneup (a aftermarket software that takes care of double files and playlist as well as fix file tags and naming.). I reset sink then re sinker the classic and re set up my iPhone. All was fine. However a few days later I left my phone plugged into USB1 when I shut the car off . When I came back to car and started the car I noticed that it was trying to index (it said usb2) but it was indexing my phone in USB1. It froze up like that. I turned off center council unplugged phone and turned it back on and voice commanded usb2. Got my classic back but lost voice control on it again. I still can not go back and forth between 1 and 2 either if they are both plugged in.

I have a pretty strong computer background. And my current thoughts are as follows
A. This is issue may be caused by trying to interface two apple products. ( I've heard from there that two USB dongles worked fine and did not produce the same issue.)
B. this could be resulted because some playlist and files are repeated on my iPhone.
C. I wish I knew because my gf wants me to set up usb2 in her fiesta. (assuming it has a usb2) but not going to bother if it's going to be this glitchy. I already had to pull fuse once on her sync because it stopped reading her iPod.

If you have any answers or solutions is greatly appreciate it.

...Just to be clear currently can not switch between usb1 and usb2 and iPod 160gb classic is not taking voice commands again.