Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Performance Upgrades - Where To Start?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ok, I think I might have to pull the @sshole card, and I apologize (honestly) for being 'that guy'...

Is nobody doing any of the reading of any of the threads in these forums? There may not be a ton of options, but there are a decent amount of CAI/SRI's, cat-back's, and suspension parts already offered by the aftermarket. Everything has been bought by someone on here (for the most part) and been documented with their opinions of their purchase/install.

On top of what is available off-the-shelf, there are also quite a few mods that members have created. Some good, some bad, but all documented somewhere with their opinions and the opinions of other members that have done them.

I understand that it is difficult and time-consuming to have to rake through the 100 million Third Gen threads (which is why some of us respectfully asked for a more centralized location like this to search for the info), but the majority of the experienced guys are overly frustrated from having to answer the same question in multiple threads when they have already either documented parts/work/thoughts and/or related dyno info. Please take some time to look around before starting yet another and another and another thread about something that's documented over and over and over.

Rant over, and again I do apologize. It comes down to cashflow with this, OP. What do you want to spend and what do you want to achieve? There are cheap and expensive mods and aftermarket parts for many different aspects of your car. What isn't currently available will probably start flooding the market upon the release of the ST...
2014 FiST-