Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #208
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
It hard to believe an oil company wouldn't be fully honest and forthcoming with the public??

The other big player (Royal Purple) also seemed to lack this value in their specs. An knowledge of this from your research?
I chat with a friend who is actually employed by RP, but his time there and level of employment would make that information "beyond his pay grade".

Since RP's reformulation of the mainline product, which removed their proprietary synerlec additive, I noticed all product specification sheets have been removed. Asking about this removal, no acceptable reply. My guess, Royal Purple moved their mainline lubricants to refined petroleum, while their HPS and XPR lubricants remain true synthetics.

I ran a 2004 Lincoln Town Car for one year with Amsoil ATM 10W-30 Signature Series (10,350 miles). This year, the car has Royal Purple 5W-30 main line oil (non-synerlec). With Amsoil, the car used NO oil and remained on the full line for the entire 10,350 mile interval. If the car consumes oil this year, It would suggest that Royal Purple may have moved to refined petroleum.

I sent the Amsoil sample to the lab for testing. I should have results today, or Monday. I will also take a sample of the RP fill July of next year for comparison.