Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #483
Scott S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98137
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy,

FF Reputation: 1 Scott S Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
I have mine for two weeks now and I just love it. So much get up and go, especially on the highway....good gas mileage too. The dealer gave me a free fill up at 8 miles when I bought the car and I have only put one full tank in since and I'm at almost 800 miles. I didn't figure out the actual mileage but that's pretty darn good for mostly stop and go driving. I do have one question for anyone to answer, has anyone else experienced some clutch chatter on the first shift? I hear it with my windows down, it's like a clicking noise when the car shifts. Other than that it runs and shifts perfectly, my dealer told me that noise isn't a major concern....I just wondered if anyone else who drives an automatic hears it. One other question, my car has like 4 rubber flaps in front of each front tire...not sure what they're for but they graze the sidewalk when I back out of my driveway. Are those removeable or are they there for a reason?
The tranny noises are normal as the automatic is really not an automatic but a manual with automatic clutch and gear selection. It is a mechanical based trans as opposed to fluid coupling like a traditional auto so it drives and sounds different. Ford needs to do a better job in letting buyers know what the automatic really is because many new owners are concerned with the tranny noises and mannerisms. The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!