Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Order Guide Released
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #251
salmari7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100895
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 salmari7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, to each his own, I suppose.

Where as some may say tan leather is for "grandpa cars", I would say the tan leather in the focus makes it look much more upscale than the two-toned options or even the black leather. I agree that those options definitely give it a more sporty look.

I'm guessing the people who disagree with us stone leather supporters are also the "dude, get the manual!" crowd that seem to be all over this forum. Yes, I know some have reservations about the DCT after poor early reviews before the TSB, but I think they'd say manual or bust with any car.

I'm choosing the DCT hatch because this will be my only car and I'm looking for something practical, high-tech, with a somewhat luxurious interior but still a fun car to drive. Basically a hatch that is equipped more like a larger, higher priced car would be.

I totally get the "dude, get the manual!" when you are talking about a pure sports car, but with a car like the focus I think its really up to what the person is looking for.