Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #1310
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
No, I mean that I had to drive the transmission because it was acting retarded and didn't want to shift at (what I deemed) appropriate times. That slowly but surely went away as I put it into more and different driving conditions.

I ran mine through every different scenario I could think of- light pedal, hard pedal, D, S, S+, low rpm shifts, redline shifts...

That was (generally) the advise of the DCT owners who were having positive results at the time and I found that, at least for me, it also worked.
Good to know too! I vary my driving based on my mood, so I tend to switch things up quite often. I only have a 20 minute commute to work, so I usually just leave it in "Sport mode," and switch to "Manual mode" around the twisties. The only time I really use "Drive" is on the highway, so I'd say that I've covered everything in that respect. I also, intermingle some hard acceleration, down shifting, and overall "fun" into my day-to-day driving, so I hope that this combination will help to properly break in my DCT.