Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #1309
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I don't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure that you have a Job 2 car, in which the firmware was already incorporated into the car pre-delivery. The FSA only applied to Job 1 cars (of which I fall into).

Don't let the nay-sayers scare you about the DCT. Yes, it wasn't overly great on the initial fleet of cars. Yes, people have had problems. Yes, some people do (or still think they do) have a couple issues. But trust me, this thread has died down a LOT in the last month or so. Both of my buddies with Job 2 cars love it.

AFTER I FIRMLY DROVE MY CAR THE RECOMMENDED 1000 MILES in a manner recommended by other forum members here, my DCT is a dream. There are a couple things I wouldn't mind tweaked, and yes there are a couple of little hiccups, but overall it is awesome!

I had to bold the statement because a lot of the people who were overly arguing this FSA have seemed to have disappeared. While some of them may have been traded-in, I would imagine that many of them tried the advise on here and just didn't come back to update their results.
AWESOME!! And thanks for the quick reply too!! I'm really glad to hear that I shouldn't have anything too crazy to worry about. I mean, I know that every car is different, so issues will arise based on a great deal of variables for each vehicle. Like I said before, I've had no issues so far, and I hope to keep it that way. :-)