Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1301
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
If you are hearing rattling at your mileage, then I would probably see the dealer to get it documented. They will tell you to go and come back if it's still making the noise after 1k, but this will make sure that your documentation process starts.

As for the shifting, my car actually was quirky up to and a bit beyond the 1k mark, though I had the car reset a couple of times and I believe that is why the car took so long...but now it's like glass. Initially (and on very random occasions now) I had to drive the transmission more than the car.
What do you mean drive the transmission....is there something I'm not doing? Would you suggest that I hit the gas harder when I start from a dead stop.....maybe I'm being to gentle. Don't get me wrong the car has good acceleration and once it gets past the initial shift or two it's a thrill to drive. Highway driving is awesome, stop and go city traffic isn't very friendly to a DCT.