Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - anyone using premium gas ?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #307
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I used to be an mpg guy and greatly cared about mileage. The only things I really detest spending money on are food and gas. You have to spend money on both, I know, I just hate doing it.

I do 93 octane for the smiles it puts on my face, and the wow factor I see when another Focus owner puts the pedal down in my car.
I didn't really notice any real sluggishness before, but then again I only rarely opened up the throttle fully to wind it all the way out to red line, and most of the time I was running the a/c to escape from the heat and humidity. However I surprised myself slightly today when I accelerated through at least two or more gears to an undisclosed speed, even though the ground was wet this morning she pulled beautifully and soon I was needing to slow down to make the turn off the highway and onto the side street that leads to the office.

That put a big smile on my face, although the mileage isn't necessarily better by much the last tank was particularly poor due to the weather although that was pure e10 87 octane.

My wallet doesn't thank me so far, but if that's what it will do for performance then I'll have to combat the side that sees it as being more than $0.2/gal more as a problem. Yes one should never get into an argument with oneself over something that can't cost much more than $2.50 over a full tank of fuel, but that would require throwing some logic to the wind.

Vrooooooooom!

My only modifications so far otherwise only pertain to a K&N drop in filter on a stock air box assembly with the lid on.