Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 03 focus zx3 overheated, weird though?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03FocusZX3 View Post
i see steam and antifreeze dripping out on the left hose that goes onto the radiator connection,
I'd closely inspect that hose, and if it wasn't all the way up on the radiator, then I'd loosen the clamp, loosen the hose and slide it up. I'd at least want to be sure there wasn't any small crack there in the hose. If there is, you'll have to replace it or at least cut that cracked part off and reconnect. Also, wait until the engine is warm sometime, then pop the hood and check out the hoses. Look for bloated spots in the hoses. If the hoses are swelling up, that's a sign that you'll soon be on the side of the road with a busted hose. You should have plenty of time to order new hoses and anything else you can think of from RA, then get some coolant (IDK if there's a HAZMAT charge to ship it), and do a good flush and replace hoses. FYI: If you're really froggy, remove the fans and radiator, then use water to flush the bugs out of the condenser. A typical cleaner like the purple stuff will loosen the bugs before you spray. That will help out your AC like you wouldn't believe. I'd also take the time to double check the fan resistor operation using the electronic odometer trick I described above to make sure you still have low speed. That's usually the cause of overheating while driving at low speeds or idling. At speeds over 30 or so, the fans don't do anything.

Where is Anniston? Near N. AL? My parents live in Elkmont. I'll be there this weekend.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.