Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 03 focus zx3 overheated, weird though?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,604, Level 98
Points: 27,604, Level: 98 Points: 27,604, Level: 98 Points: 27,604, Level: 98
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgreen View Post
My car will start to overheat after driving more then a few miles. Seems to cool down when driving but will overheat after awhile. I've had all fluids changed, thermostat changed, temp sensor changed, and fuses look good. Fans turn on when ac is on. I'm stumped here an don't know what to do. Car only has 94,xxx miles an it's a nice car but seems to have this problem. I need help bad. Cars bout to go off a cliff soon.
It's better for you if you start your own thread. You might have similar problems, or problems that seem similar but point to other culprits through diagnosis.

First off, use the electronic odometer trick to see if your fans come on at 116C, which is I know is high, but from what we can tell that is the temp at which the fans come on low speed. High speed is not much further after that at about 118C. The AC turns the fans on high speed. It is possible that the resistor is out on your vehicle, and that keeps the fans from coming on low speed.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.