Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 owners Post your MPG's
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #1045
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcesala View Post
two weeks ago I had the first check at the vendor's garage and they updated the ecu (at least they said they did) and I expected an improvement but actually I'm seeing a 1mpg droop aprox :s

it's weird since the car still is 100% stock with 16inch wheels
There are so many variable in city MPG (gas, hilly vs flat terrain, wind, temperature) and whether you have passed the recommended 1000 mile break in.

I always suggest people start with a more controlled test. That is: Get out on a straight flat road without any stops that goes for a least a few miles (This may not be easy depending on your area). Get up to a steady 55mph and set cruise control. Reset the trip2 MPG meter and wait for several miles. It should climb the the upper 30's to roughly 38-39 MPG. If you cant get this, there may be something wrong with the car (bad bearing, dragging break pad, engine computer out of whack.)

Edit: I was not very familiar with Costa Rica so I pulled up a terrain map. Wow, pretty much your whole country is mountains and hills. Nice on the eyes but hell on MPG.