Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 03 focus zx3 overheated, weird though?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
03FocusZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61785
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

Points 2,453, Level 30
Points: 2,453, Level: 30 Points: 2,453, Level: 30 Points: 2,453, Level: 30
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 03FocusZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lightbulb 03 focus zx3 overheated, weird though?

Hey guys, so ill try to keep this as short and sweet as possible. My mom was in the hospital for a blood clot in her leg, well when she was discharged she called me to come pick her up, so i was my way (my focus has never overheated in the 3 years ive had it) i told her the wrong floor to get off at, story short i had to drive all around the hospital to find her, well i find her, pick her up and on our way to her house, which is maybe 3 miles away. I pull into her driveway (btw ive had my ac on the whole time) i notice my needle is in the red, im like holy crap, i turn it off real fast, i then look under the hood, i see steam and antifreeze dripping out on the left hose that goes onto the radiator connection, i let it cool down, and ever since then i haven't had any trouble (knock on wood) no leaking, nothing... Im really confused. When i do turn on the ac for the first time that day, the ac compressor will make a clunk and start cooling. Could this off made it overheat. Bad ac compressor?