Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Bad steering?
Thread: Bad steering?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
For what it's worth, my Focus does the exact same thing. I find it feels too heavy most of the time, and it springs back to center way too hard... except when going slow, when I actually have to force it back straight.

I had electric steering on my previous car (Rabbit), and it was about the only part of the car I actually quite liked. I agree the Fiesta's steering is actually excellent, too. The Focus just doesn't feel right... too heavy, and sometimes it's fighting really hard, sometimes it isn't doing a thing.

Good luck getting it resolved at all, though. I can see dealers refusing to ever admit there's anything wrong with it...
I took my Focus in to the shop this morning and they called me later in the day to say that it did indeed need some parts in the steering replaced. I don't remember him saying it was a steering rack but rather something in the steering shaft that needed replaced. Didn't get a parts list yet as I have to wait for the parts to come in (about 5 days) and then make the appointment and have the work done. I'll update my thread and let you and others know what exactly was replaced. So hopefully when the work is done, it will be resolved. Just glad they found the problem.