copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
why not a button in settings that just lets you reboot without losing anything? Why is the only settings option a master reset, which also wipes your presets/saved info such as destinations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
I can't believe you guys are even suggesting these as great ideas.

How about Hey FordIVTteam, why not design a system that doesn't crash, that doesn't need multiple updates to the firmware to get nowhere, and is reliable and not buggy?

That is the ^THIS^.
I don't think anyone ever implied it was a great idea, just a common sense idea. I find a certain degree of humor in the fact that after selling everyone a bug-riddled mess prone to stability degredation and crashing, Ford's only solution they are willing to provide on-board is one that also wipes out the user's presets, thus putting even more of burden on the customer who then has to go back and reprogram/re-enter everything instead of just a simple reboot which we know the system is capable of (at least anyone that has seen the "scheduled maintenance" screen knows).