Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Warning about K&N Intake
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #72
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy-knfilters View Post
Hello TboneZX3 - We had sent you a hardware kit to space out your MAF from the heat shield, in reading the thread it appears you used your own solution. We were waiting to hear back from you on how the parts we sent worked out when we last spoke on 6/12/2012, sorry for the confusion and delayed response.

Were there any other forum members like TboneZX3 with MAF allignment issues? (Heat shield + MAFsensor or housing contact) If so please PM me so I can contact you and document this issue, thanks!

Troy.
I appreciate you sending me the hardware kit. However, the hardware kit you sent me (the same as the one in the original kit) would not have worked very well, as there were no washers in there close to the same outer diameter as the rubber studs. IMO, centering the hole properly in the heat shield and including larger studs or spacers (as I used in my solution, documented in post #12 of this thread) are the proper solutions to this, not just throwing more washers at it.

I sent you an email on 6/23 directing you to this thread and my solution in post #12, so you should not have been waiting to hear from me. After that email was sent, I have not received an email from you. As I previously stated, I'm not concerned about my installation as much as those who are buying the kit now and not really aware of the issue. After the modifications in post #12 were completed, my kit fits together perfectly, with no contact between MAF/housing & heat shield.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.