Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - (Non Focus Thread) F150 Ecoboost Dyno Pulls
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
jamminsvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 61360
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

Points 581, Level 11
Points: 581, Level: 11 Points: 581, Level: 11 Points: 581, Level: 11
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 jamminsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by egbertnr View Post

I was surprised by the results and still not real sure what to say with regards to the actual numbers. My truck would kick out on the stock tune at 4750 rpm, it did that on 4 different pulls in 4th gear. Not sure if it was a speed limiter or traction control. The Hp was still climbing so Id be curious to see if the results would have been different for the intake in the higher rpms.

I still love my AFE intake and think it allows the truck to breathe a lot better, but doesn't show the gains I thought. It was also very difficult to start pulls lower then 2000-2500, the truck would again to some odd things.
You might already know this but Motor Trend put one of those on a dyno back in their Oct. 2011 issue and they also mentioned the problems getting the truck to work right on the dyno. They ended up disconnecting the rear wheel speed sensor's. Something about the ecm wouldn't allow things to work right with the front wheels stationary.
#783 of 4788
SVTOA Member
MCA Member
"Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan