Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - eagle_eye735's 05 zx3 build/mod thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #61
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thanks! Well I raced in my first autocross event today. It was a blast! I took 3rd out of 5 in the H Stock class. It was a great experience, and I did fairly well for my first time ever racing. The focus with my brothers Subaru in the background. He took second in the packed Street Modified class.

I thought this was a pretty cool photo. My brother took it while we were right lane cruising on the way to the track: My oldest brother's Corvair in front ( He took 3rd in the vintage class), my older brother took the picture, and there I am the youngest in the rear view mirror. What a great way to have some brotherly bonding time.

Here is me at the starting line. I'll have some video and more pictures that my sister-in-law took eventually. I didn't bring my nice camera to take some more artistic shots, but maybe I will go out and cruise some back roads next weekend and get some good photos.

I saw one other Focus there, a red 2002 SVT, also in the HS class. He had to leave so he ran in the heat before me. I talked to him for a while, but I don't remember his name, maybe he is on here.

I really want to paint my headlight housings black now, they will flow much better with the black wheels, so that along with a matching suede ebrake boot and painted mirror caps are the next things on my to do list. I guess I have kinda settled on a Black/Blue/Red color theme for my car.

Ohh, I forgot to add that I made it back home in one piece minus some rubber and brake dust :)
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|

Last edited by eagle_eye735; 07-08-2012 at 10:12 AM.