BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumStick View Post
Did you just use "WalMart" and "reputable" in the same sentence?

I think my eyes are bleeding
Hilarious. I often see specialty products released and in many cases do have superior performance to the current off-the-shelf competition and the decision is made NOT distribute through major sources so that all the profits can be maintained by the creator. Sounds reasonable...except:

What I do have a problem with is that it is not put out in to the market where competitive forces drive the price to something reasonable. Like, not 50-200% higher than similar products. While I certainly don't know their production cost, I suspect they are not double or triple. I could be wrong but the exclusive MLM marketing channel just has a very bad smell to it for me. So, I'm less likely to give them the benefit of the doubt. MonaVie is another example that comes to mind. $40 for a bottle of juice that you can get at Costco for $10.

On the original subject. Do the companies that do analysis give figures on the amount of contamination? I find it unlikely that there would be much viscosity breakdown in 3000 or even 5000 miles but I often wonder how much contamination (small abrasives) are in there. I get concerned when the color goes dark but that is not very scientific.