Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My turn! Build Thread time!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #23
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Work Continues:

I made a air-vent gauge pod, but after installing it and testing it out, its just too far away from my focused field of view. I dont want to have to turn my head or look so far away from the road to see the gauges, especially in the case of a Wide-band and Boost gauge. (thats the J&S in the pic, wide-band is still shipping)

Ill probably throw this thing up on the BST for a few bucks, ill head to the junkyard tomorrow to see what I can come up with.. I want something that is as stock-looking as possible, I don't need any unwanted attention.

On a side note, I re-wrapped the Downpipe with new heat-wrap as the old was showing signs of age and had a a small patch worn off. After wrapping it, I sprayed it flat black with some Ultra-High-Temp BBQ Paint. Incognito and effective.

Ill probably spend a few hours tomorrow on the car too, Replacing the PCV stuffs, and the oil pan. I need to figure out if my kit has a restrictor for the oil line or not.