Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Focus' "older brother" - 1992 Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #9
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 21,662, Level 92
Points: 21,662, Level: 92 Points: 21,662, Level: 92 Points: 21,662, Level: 92
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
For months the GP sat in its locker along with my mother's Thunderbird. I regularly visited it though, and drove it around the storage lot when the weather allowed, to keep things moving.

A picture from a friend, showing an original sales brochure, is providing the inspiration and drive to keep working on the GP this year.

By March I'd had enough and brought the GP home. It went back into hiding for a few weeks following this though, due to our crazy weather.

A couple of weeks following getting the car back on the road, I dropped a couple of parts off for fresh paint. The rear lip was starting to show its age so I took the opportunity to have it painted Bright White to match. A replacement driver's mirror was also given fresh paint.

At the start of June the ol' sedan came out of storage for good. As I said it went back into hiding, and ended up staying there for a few weeks, unfortunately. I made sure to give it a good clean as it unfortunately had to go away dirty.

I brought it to work with me (I'm a detailer at a local Ford dealership) and shampoeed the engine bay as a start to making the car cleaner overall for 2012.

I also gave the driver's floor mat and footwell a quick shampoo as they'd gotten a little dirty. The rest of the interior was clean, as always.

And now, NOW, this thread is up to current day. This is where the car sits at the moment. Next on the list the Crosslaces are being refinished again to continue updating the car's look for this year. Now with the Focus in the picture the Grand Prix is merely a fun toy. It's been here too long and means to much to me to be given up on, and now I can concentrate on keeping it cleaner and kept to a higher standard than was possible before. Just today I had it out for a spin, and it still puts a smile on my face.

That is why I bought a brand new car for winter, so that I could save a 20-year old GM sedan. This car is irreplaceable.
SR#74/SMk3C#17/YBOC#03
Bill M.