View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
At the end of may I then stripped most of the interior and sent the car off to the body shop to have some rust removed. The roof and driver's quarter panel were repaired, while the driver's door was reshelled. I picked up the car towards the end of June.

While I was waiting though, I picked up '88-'91 base model tail lights, a sport cluster, front valve cover, and upper intake manifold. The VC and UIM will be powder coated at some point.

When it came home, I reassembled it and put in the new tail lights, after having them buffed by the body shop.

The next new part was a new catalytic converter from Magnaflow. The old one had developed a nasty rattle so it had to go. The replacement was installed by a local exhaust shop.

Following that it was time for some vinyl. I chose yellow and Iron (light tint) for the car's fog lights and tail lights, respectively.

I picked up some OEM sideskirt-specific (As far as I can tell?) mudflaps (which I never installed) and garnet red front floor mats. The mats actually came from a '91 Cutlass, but are identical except for the 'GM' squares in the lower corners.

September 2010 saw my side skirts finally going on. Over the course of a couple of days a friend of mine and I installed them.

With that, the OEM lip kit was complete.

I also re-did the red pinstripe on the bumpers with red vinyl, as they'd badly worn out and were a dark burgundy instead of bright red. Once trimmed (Which it's not in these pictures), it became impossible to tell it's a vinyl overlay.

I also had some fun and wrapped my rear-view mirror in carbon fiber vinyl.

Still more to go.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.