Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #98
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
OK, so you admit it. That's good. Now why do you think people make the comparison to Amway? It's because you pop up on this forum and start preaching about your oil and telling us what an authority you are on it and how everything else is inferior and how we'll all learn from you and understand it's the best.

You need to chill it with the rhetoric. You come off as a blow-hard and it's difficult to take you seriously. And when you are affiliated with a company you should state that up front when you start pushing it on other people.
For the record, I've been studying lubricant formulation and technology since 2004. That was long before I had ever heard the name "Amsoil". During the course of study, it was difficult to avoid chatter about the product. It seemed to always be mentioned, and was winning respect in circles. I dug deep with a shovel to discredit the brand as snake oil, I failed.

Like I said, you will view me like that the first few months to a year, but your view will change. The UOA threads will pop up, and the comparisons will begin. I don't make claims that I can't back up, and if you were a poster on SVT Performance, you would already know what I mean. Have patience, it's coming.

In the end, my PM inbox blows up with application questions of all types, and not just about Amsoil. Many ask what they can grab off the shelf that is possibly a better choice for their application. Not all questions are about the car a forum is centered around.

P.S. What seems to be the problem with Amway? I've known families in the past to market and sell Amway products with success. It helped them live more comfortable. Where's the negative in that?

*Yes, I agree that Amsoil would be "considered" a better, more reputable, product if it was sold in Wal Mart or auto part stores.*