Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #95
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
This probably won't mean much to those who want to use super-premium oils in their Foci (not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it's not me), but the regular old Motorcraft synth blend that the owner's manual recommends is pretty highly regarded over at the "Bob Is The Oil Guy" forums.
You are correct, Motorcraft 5W-20 is one of the best entry level lubricants on the market. It simply works and returns great UOAs. Your post does mean a lot, it means that Ford has a winning non-expensive lubricant that has been proven to perform. However, I can't say the same about Motorcraft 5W-50 recommended for the Ford GT, GT500, Boss 302, and track pack GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretherius View Post
After that my intention is to run Mobil 1 for 10K OCI's -if- I can get away without changing the filter. If I'm taking that stupid cover off to change the filter then I will just chainge the oil when I have it apart.
To insure success, use Mobil 1 Extended Performance in the 5.1 quart containers. It's only $5.00 more than regular synthetic Mobil 1, but worth the additional investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti2012 View Post
lol, I am a Amsoil dealer, and I always refer to them [amsoil] as the pyramid scheme amway company. I hate the marketing but I love the oil, which is why I sell it. I only decided to carry it after trying it for myself for a couple of years. Now I use it in everything. I even use the coolant in my farm tractors (but I don't bother trying to sell it $$$$$$).
Ditto, I also use it in everything, even my push lawn mowers. They use to yank your shoulder out of socket when you tried to pull start them, but with Amsoil, you barely pull the cord and it starts the first time.

Amsoil is in fact multi level marketing, but I wouldn't use the stereotype "Pyramid". It's much different. The top guy isn't the one making all the money, the man who works their dealership is, no matter if he is the top, middle, or bottom guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Out of curiosity .... WHO are the 'WE' in your quotatioin above ?? It's sounding a lot like you work for AMSOIL, which is fine ... but if that's the case ... you should say so. Absolutely no offense intended.

REV
"We" is defined as other internet posters in the know and people on the inside who's trust I have earned. I wish I worked as an Amsoil employee, I need a job.

I do hold an Amsoil independent dealer number, but showing people how to buy it at cost doesn't bring home any bacon for me. I do it for the love of cars, and sharing that love with members of car forums who I share something in common with.