Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #626
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,142, Level 34
Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FOCUS S View Post
It sound exactly like the upper strut mounts. These mounts are designed poorly. I do honestly believe Ford Engineering needs to improve the upper mounts and issue a TSB...
12FOCUS S -

If you'd like, please drop me a line with your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info; I'll loop in your region's Customer Service Manager. He/she will coordinate with you and your dealer on any repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
I got my car back the other day for this issue and after the initial inspection (I had to take the car back for a weekend trip) he said it was the struts, that parts were ordered, and it was something Ford was aware of/said there was a bulletin out. (I'll look at the sheet again for a number or more specific reference)

That said, 2 days after going back in and getting it fixed, it sounds great now. But ... as always, we'll see how it goes over time since this wasn't an issues for the first couple of months anyways!
HuskerFocus -

Please keep us updated on how it performs. I'll be here if you need anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
...My 5speed Focus is a great car, a few little bugs won't deter me from keeping it...
stang74shelby -

Excellent; this is what we like to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbaldwin View Post
I had the strut bearings replaced....this is not the same thing is it?

Has anyone else had the strut mounts replaced?
fcbaldwin -

I'm about to send you another PM on this issue; please be on the lookout!

Hey everyone,

If your still experiencing a front-end clunk or noise of any kind, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone #, and dealer info ASAP. I plan on forwarding this info to your Customer Service Manager on a case by case basis for further review.

If you've already sent this info to me, there's no need to send it again. I'll be checking each PM I've received on this issue and will respond appropriately; please hang tight!

Cheers,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply