UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
So ... if the oil was $86 .... TWO FILTERS AND SHIPPING wa $48 ???? And you live near the warehouse ???

No thanks.

REV
A case of Amsoil ASL 5W-20 Signature Series is $89.25 @ preferred Customer pricing.

The filters are $11.35 for the standard length filter and $13.15 for the long filter. I prefer the longer filter for increased capacity.

The membership cost is $10.00 for 6 months, $20.00 for the year.

Don't forget about tax, and shipping isn't an issue if he can pick up at his local distribution warehouse. No shipping charges for local pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Good thing you don't drive a diesel then, since you would never get anywhere.... Brand new oil in a diesel engine is black within minutes of starting the engine. Ask someone who drives one. Color alone means "squat" when talking about oil quality. Only a lab analysis can determine when your oil is nearing the end of its serviceable life. Several manufacturers rate certain synthetic oils and filters with the "LL" designation (BMW, Mercedes, Audi's etc), which in most cases is above 10000 miles (as high as 18000 in some cases ). If you don't run a cartridge style media element, you may want to change your filter at least once during that extended interval, but, again, the lab can best advise you on that. (once you know how your oil/filter media and engine interact, then you know your intervals ).
Quoted for 100% truth.