revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsfocus View Post
I am a Preferred Customer. The cost to become a Preferred Customer pays for itself once you purchase a case of 12 of their signature series oil. I think its a $125 for a case of 12 with a regular account with a Preferred Customer account its $86 and some change. Since Amsoil has a warehouse in Texas I get my order next day if I order during the week during business hours. Their filters are excellent as well. I ordered 2 filters and a case of signature series 5-20w oil. With shipping included it came out to be $134 and some change.

So ... if the oil was $86 .... TWO FILTERS AND SHIPPING wa $48 ???? And you live near the warehouse ???

We're talking about a FORD FOCUS. Mobil One oil, and Mann, FOMOCO, or Motorcraft filters are just fine at less than half the cost.

No thanks. Amsoil makes great products, but overpaying for no realizeable benefits makes no sense to me. Their regular OE oil at $6.10 per quart would probably be fine (assuming the 25% discount) ... but why go through the hassle when I can get M1 at Walmart for $25 a jug, and Mann filters at Rock Auto for $2-$3 ? $48 for two filters and shipping is absurd.

REV