Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Oil Change Interval Debate Rant
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #21
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx3matt View Post
Analyze all you want. Just extra money wasted when you could just change your oil more often and know you are safe.

I am not trying to start a fight, I just do not see what the fuss is all about.

I rebuild and BUILD engines and transmissions regularly. It is a hobby, but I do it a lot for myself and others. I have seen wear that could have been prevented with obsessive, or heck even regular, maintenance. I've seen blocks, cranks, etc become expensive anchors because someone was cheap or lazy.

Ive see the oil analysis people do, and I get it, but why do that just to see how long you can go? The analysis was originally meant to tell you if you had a good oil as well as how well your engine is wearing or breaking in. It was like getting a code scan, or heck even a dyno. To answer how are things? Now people have turned it into this contest to see if their oil will last longer. Blackstone should be ashamed. They are capitalizing on this fad when really the analysis is a tool...
How many modern engines have you built and rebuilt?