Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12B37 - New?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #440
Arnold Ziffel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100689
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Arnold Ziffel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello Everyone! i have been a long time lurker here and used lots of great info from this site when ordering my wife a new focus. we ordered the car in Feb. it had a build date of 03-15-2012 we picked it up on March 28th. the car was great and my wife loved it. we never had any of the issues with the DCT that i read about here. the car was perfect and fun to drive. we received the letter in may for the update for the DCT and i was afraid to have it done. we took the car to the dealer to have a loose mud flap fixed and they did the update.

The car seemed fine. Well 1000 miles later my wife wants her old car back. the car now hesitates/bogs down. When you are driving along and give it a little more gas it hesitates and makes a throaty sound then finally (couple of seconds) accelerates and or downshifts. the noise sounds like a fully opened carburetor starving for gas. We never had any roll back issues. Now when you put the car in park and shut it off about 5 seconds later it rolls back about 6 inches. then when you start the car back up it shakes and makes a funny noise for a few seconds. Wondering if it is some type of pressure put on the tranny from rolling back. I asked the Dealer if the could put it back to the settings it came from the factory with. They said they cant go back. Of course they can, clear it out and set it to the parameters from the last TSB.
I am going to have the dealer do the update again to see if maybe it was done wrong.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues after the last TSB on the DCT.

Sorry for the long rambling. Just fustrated.