Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #1908
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
No, your fault that you listen to Octomom on the sybian via USB and that hanging up a call tends to start playing your USB device, so the whole anecdote about your 'rents hearing that whole bit and how you listen to Howard Stern altogether is irrelevant to the issue, because it's not Ford's fault that that's what you listen to.

My point was you know about the issue and could have avoided it by playing something more appropriate before your parents got in the car with you, then the glitch would have simply started playing music or what have you instead, and the whole awkward situation would be avoided.

Your last few statements regarding that whole part of the story just came off to me as if it was Ford's fault altogether, which I disagree with.
I, in turn, have to respectfully disagree with you feta. In my opinion it is Ford's fault altogether. Could it be avoided? Yes, I guess so. Should the onus of avoiding the situation be on the owner/user of the system? No, I don't personally think so. I don't think it is too much to ask to have an audio system that is turned off simply remain off.

"Faster, simpler, better" is what the "upgrade" was marketed as. What is better about the owner having to remember things like switching audio sources, unplugging iPods or whatever, etc. before someone else may be riding in their car because an audio system that is off may decide to turn itself on for no reason other than someone hung up a phone? Again, avoidable? Yes. Should it have to be avoided? No. I put it on Ford altogether.