View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #42
tdfuller
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62403
What I Drive: 2002 Grey Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 tdfuller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Half way home. Got everything apart to my right rear 2002 Ford Focus SE power window regulator. That pin and sleeve were already loose. I used an inspection mirror to find the pin laying in the bottom of the door.

Can someone email or PM me the PDF? tfuller52@aol.com

I may not need it, but the more info the merrier. Also, how do you get the sleeve and pin in the hole in the bottom center of the glass, while seating it in the hole of the plastic window regulator guide that the window sits on?

My Haynes manual says to put the sleeve and pin in the window glass first. But, I don't see how the plastic window regulator guide that the window rests on has enough width for one to just push the window glass on to with the sleeve/pin in the glass.

My other thought is to put the new regulator in first. Then slide in the glass with the window regulator guide raised to the exact point where the hole of the plastic guide for the regulator is viewable through the hole in the metal part of the door. Then, using a punch or something to drive the sleeve and pin through this metal hole, through the hole in the plastic guide of the regulator, and in to the glass, all at the same time. Wonder if that will work.

By the way, the previous window regulator had almost nothing wrong with it! The motor worked, cables are in great shape, the only thing that caused it to fail was one of the two plastic clips that keep the larger plastic guide that the window rests on and moves up and down, had broken. Thus, it allowed much more play for this plastic guide, allowing things to come loose enough for the regulator not to raise and lower the glass properly.

I am going to try to figure out how to replace just that plastic guide on the window regulator, so I have a spare right rear regulator. If anybody has any tips, please let me know.