Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #86
miketech77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100662
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 miketech77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi guys, I could use a little help with understanding the remote start system. I just bought my 2012 Focus Ti Sunday and had the ford powercode remote start installed. When I left the dealer the remote start, started the car. When I got home and tried starting it with the remote start it would chirp once confirming the request to start, chirp again, start the and then chirp 3 times and the car would shut off. The manual indicated three chirps meant a door was open, well I can tell you none of them were open, I checked all of them several times. After about a half hour I gave up. Next morning I went out and what do you know, the car started with the remote start and stayed running. I got playing with it again and noticed the remote start would start the car with a door open, hatch open or hood open. According to the manual the car should not be allowed to do this.

Can anyone else confirm that the remote start, on the push to start focus's do not allow the remote start to start if you have the hood, door or hatch opened?

One last thing of note, last night when the car wouldn't start at all, I noticed after it failed to start and I got in the car, the radio had defaulted back to Fm radio and didn't remain on Sirius radio as like when I left the car.

I'm assuming something is wrong with the remote start or the install wasn't done right. Can anyone confirm this and possibly offer any insight to what the issue might be?