Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fog Light Installation - S Model (with Pics)
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
Chaddz3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96992
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S Ingot Silver

Points 1,795, Level 24
Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24 Points: 1,795, Level: 24
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 Chaddz3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucrammada View Post
Did your S come with the fog light switch built into the headlight switch? Mine did, which makes me wonder if my BCM is different? I attempted to do this with aftermarkets about 5 months ago and failed miserably. So I returned them and I'm waiting to buy a pair of new fog lights to give this a whack again.
If it is, You will be able to put a fuse in spot F75. If its like mine, the fuse will slide in with no resistance and nothing to holds it in.. but even still if your lucky enough to have the correct BCM, you may still need to have the dealer flash it.

The factory fog light switch is worthless without the correct BCM. all that is inside is a circuit board, the knob, and the buttons (and they're the same kind you find in a TV Remote) Modifying it to run a relay appears to be not possible.

So its OldSkool.. with a relay being driven off the Parking Lamp circuit and a switch mounted on the dash somewhere.. (I really didnt want to have to chop my dash all to hell). At least since all the stuff runs off the BCM now, all the wiring that needs to be tapped in to is all in one spot....